The purpose is to help us as men to see that we can live in victory because God sees us as acceptable. There are many aspects to the outworking of this but it must start with an internal working of the Holy Spirit of God. Believing who He say’s He is and receiving the gift that only He can give.
- How do I know that I am saved? I know that I am saved by grace. Eph. 2:8-10
- What is required of me? Recognize what my condition is! Then through faith by God’s grace believe in Jesus Christ. He is the free gift of eternal life.
Romans 3:23, 6:23 & 5:8
- How do I receive eternal life? Invite Him into your heart! Ask to know the one and only true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.
Romans 10:9-10 & John 17:3
Read: 1 John; John the disciple and apostle of Jesus Christ addressed this to original believers of Jesus Christ and disseminated it to the churches in the Roman province of Asia around the City of Ephesus in and after 90 to 95 AD.
Purpose of this letter is; to expose false teachers and to give believers assurance of salvation.
1John 1:5-7 I chose to step from darkness (sin nature) into the light of Jesus Christ receiving (new life).
- Prideful Immoral behavior and selfish pleasure.
- The free gift humbled us before God.
1John 2:1-3 Trust by faith that Jesus Christ became my advocate or defender (Satisfaction from God’s wrath).
- Adjustment from mentally thinking I got this or I can do this myself.
- To, I trust Christ to guide me.
1John 3:1-2 Believe with my whole heart I am a Child of God.
- I release the orphan spirit that I am by myself all alone.
- I am born into the family of God a citizen of the heavenly kingdom here on earth.
1John 4: 4-6 God’s gift to me is a discernment of the spirit enabling me to overcome.
- I am awaken and aware of the spiritual warfare around me and those I care for and love.
- By faith I believe God has given me through the new birth a kingdom perspective and I see things with His eyes.
1John 5: 1-5 &10-13 Revealed to me is the victory I have by faith in Jesus Christ. God sees me as saved through His Son giving me the gift of Eternal Life. Amen
- I am grateful, hopeful, encouraged, equipped and have a new foundation in my life. Truly humbled before Him!